Monday, February 25, 2013

Journalings of a Primary Teacher {2-24-13}

Kicks and giggles, that's what primary is made of.


While waiting for sharing time, I watched a little 2-year-old guy run as fast as he could down the hallway, closely followed by his dad. He promptly got scooped up upside-down, and as he was being carried off, he folded his little arms and voiced a big, "Aw maaaaaaaan!"


I couldn't help but bust up laughing.


~~~


One little guy in my class accidentally bit his lip in the middle of singing time. He tapped me on the shoulder with a, "Sis-er Diepeveen I think my lip is bleeding." I look over to discover he's smeared it all over his cheek, hands, and chair {yaaay}. I promptly grabbed some tissues and helped him clean up a little. As he's pressing one bloody tissue to his lip, a boy from the row behind leans over, all agog, and asks, "Is that blood and guts???!!"



~~~



We ended primary on a very good note. The small guy who said the closing prayer started with, "Dear Heavenly Father...." He then asked, "Please bless us that we won't ever lie. And bless us to do good things." And that was it; "Amen." 




So here's to a week where hopefully we won't lie, we will do good things, and we will always find the humor in the little things!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...