Thursday, June 14, 2012

Re-Dye


Never be afraid to try something new.

I tried my hand at re-dying fabric, and now I'm totally pro. {ha....not.}




See this shirt?





Once upon a time I accidentally got some bleach on it. 




And I promise it's really an olive green shirt, not a gray one.

When I was at JoAnn's the other day, I saw that they had fabric dye on sale! So I picked up some color remover for 97 cents, and some dye for a buck-fifty, and set out to save my bleach-stained shirt.





After soaking my shirt in the color remover for twice the amount of recommended time, I decided to use bleach to lighten the shirt the rest of the way.

Color remover got me this far....




And bleach got me to a nice neutral cream color.




After I'd rinsed the shirt in cold water, I re-dyed it.

Ta-daaaa! New bright color PLUS no bleach stains.





Awesome.

I also tried my hand at some chevron nails....



....which I love. 

Just use tape to mark off the designs!


Now go try something new. {shoo.}





2 comments:

  1. Teach me your crafty waaaays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I believe in you! Try something! {pinterest is AWESOME for DIY's}

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...