Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Things I Would Like to Try...

I've been surfing the web a little, trying to find DIY home projects that aren't too expensive. As 2-month newlyweds, our apartment is still a little bare. The trick is to dress it up with things that won't be permanent fixtures, since as renters we are not allowed to paint or inflict hardcore damage to the walls. :) Here's a project I thought would be fun--- Alphabet pillows! You can find info at http://www.craftynest.com/2010/07/camp-craft-fleece-alphabet-pillows/#more-5605 . I thought a nice big "D" for our last name would be cute...we don't have a sewing machine so a hand-stitched pillow would work nicely! But higher up on my list of decor to acquire is wall decor. Our walls could use some color (and in some spots...some covering up!). So I'm searching for things to do along those lines. I have a vague idea in my head of using fabric either inside frames or around them...if you have anything to suggest let me know!

Lately here we have been getting a LOT of rain! Me and Chris had some fun driving around and speeding through big puddles to throw up a splash. And from what it sounds like, we'll be getting more rain throughout the rest of the week. I actually don't mind, its a very nice break from the mascara-melting heat we've been having. And the lightning that comes along with some of the storms is amazing!

Yesterday Chris came to visit me at work with a surprise...tarts! Oh my WORD. So tasty! They sell them at the greenshows every night at 7pm. So far my favorite was the raspberry. Since the Shakespeare Festival has been going on, they have a bunch of things happening around town.We've been to several arts and crafts fairs--at one of them we bought my brother a birthday gift, the "hippie bag" he's been wanting for months. Don't ask me--his style makes no sense to me at all! We've seen some pretty cool things, there were some beautiful endtables that were made out of red cedar, quilts, jewelry, paintings, and these little figures below--aren't they just awesome??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...