I have a problem.
I am a drain-circler.
(Drain-circler: One who gets caught up in the whirlwind of worrying)
Life is so haaaard. Its all so useless...
I can't do anything.
You get the picture.
Right now, it seems to be harder than ever. I've graduated, but I'm still in temporary limbo while Chris finishes school. So--
Where the HECK am I going?
Where am I going to find a job?
Shouldn't I know what I want?
who am i?
I have spent 5 years in this city, and I still don't feel connected. I'm slowly moving away from my high school friends (I know, it took me a long time to let go) and yet I'm not sure I've made new ones.
There's a line between a friendly acquantaince and a real friend.
I'm not sure I know how to cross it.
Today I am a real person with goals and stuff.
#1: I will use part of my empty afternoon to go picture-taking around the city rather than sitting at home boo-hooing.
#2: I will make a list of things I am grateful for:
- CHRIS. Who snuggles me up at night and makes me hot chocolate.
- The semi-warm sun that is peeking out today. The birds I heard singing in the dark at 7am this morning.
- Taco-Tuesday! WOO cheap tacos.
- My pretty new skirts that I wish it was warm enough to wear!
- The chance to accompany some R.S. gals on the piano...I felt special to be asked! :)
- The wonderfulness of prayer.
#3: I will make a cute fabric rosette to clip onto my purse.
#4: I will make MORE fabric rosettes to put on a skirt I made.
They are just so cute and easy its hard to resist.
#5: I will not be a drain-circler today.